Shoot the Shit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conference Championships

2 posters

Go down

Conference Championships Empty Conference Championships

Post  Deuce Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 am

The NFL season is down to the final four. I wouldnt be shocked if any of the four remaining teams won their final two games and were crowned Super Bowl champs. I'd say New England is the favorite to win, although the Giants have everyone talking about '07.

Giants at 49ers (-2.5)

Ravens at Patriots (-7)

According to history the Ravens are the only team left who CAN win the Super Bowl. No team ranked outside of the top 25 in offense has ever won the Super Bowl, so this eliminates the 49ers. And no team ranked outside of the top 25 in defense has ever won the Super Bowl, this eliminates both the Patriots and the Giants.

The Ravens are ranked 3rd in defense and 15th in offense and have been fairly balanced all season.

Last edited by Deuce on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Deuce
Admin

https://orlandosts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Conference Championships Empty My picks

Post  Deuce Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 am

49ers over Giants (27-24)

The Giants could easily win this if they are able to contain Vernon Davis and get pressure on Alex Smith. Although Frank Gore could go off if they over compensate for V. Davis. The Giants offense will go as far as Eli takes them. The 49ers defense just has to play like they have all year, smart. This game can surely go either way and would have been picked different if not played in San Fran.

Patriots over Ravens (30-21)

Brady. I was going to leave it at that but figured I only have so much football left to talk about may as well elaborate. All indicators say the Ravens should and will winn this matchup. With that being said, to me Brady has a bigger effect on his team than Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and T. Suggs combined for theirs. A heavy dose of Ray Rice could be the perfect way to stop New England. The Ravens defense SHOULD be able to contain Brady, obviously you cant stop him. The Ravens offense SHOULD be able to score enough points to win againsr the horrid Pats D. The Ravens SHOULD have the Patriots number and make them over analyze due to their recent playoff dominance over New England. This is what I meant by all indicators pointing towards Baltimore. I just think Belichick will have his defense ready to play, and no matter how great Reed and Lewis are, Gronkowski and Hernandez will prove to be to much. Lets not discuss what happens if Welker goes off, hes due for one. All in all it just feels like New England is gonna be to much for Baltimore to handle, especially at Foxborough.

Deuce
Admin

https://orlandosts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Conference Championships Empty Re: Conference Championships

Post  KY Jelly Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:56 pm

I'll take NE -7 and NYG +2. +2.5, or +3, which ever line you want to use. Tom and the TEs can't be stopped.

KY Jelly

Back to top Go down

Conference Championships Empty Re: Conference Championships

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum